It takes a few steps to show the tracker’s location to you:
(1) The tracker obtains signals from GPS satellites every certain time period.
(2) The chips inside the tracker do calculations based on the GPS signals received to figure out its location (longitude, latitude, and altitude) and speed.
(3) The tracker then transmits these data, including but not limited to location, speed, battery level, to our server through wireless network.
(4) Our server will visualize those data and then show them to you once you login to the tracking platform.
Compared with the previous question about how it works, here tells you how it doesn’t work:
(1) The tracker is blocked from receiving GPS signals, such as being put in a sealed medal box, in a basement, or inside a building far from windows.
(2) Some critical parts in the tracker are broken, such as chips and battery, so that the tracker is not able to do calculations
(3) When the tracker is unable to connect to the wireless network, it will not show you the real-time locations. For example, when it’s taken to an underground garage, or to the wild of a national park, places where no cell phone signal exists, the tracker will stop sending out data to our server. However, the good thing is that it will save all the data in its memory and send them out later when the wireless network becomes available.
(4) Either our data server or wireless network server is in maintenance
Let’s do (1)(2)(3)(4) another time to fix the problems mentioned above one by one:
Condition (1): Move the tracker to an open sky area to let it “see” the satellites;
Condition (2): Get a new tracker from us;
Condition (3): Move the tracker to a place where there is wireless network;
Condition (4): Don’t worry, be happy.
For business owners, the most convenient way to know where your vehicles and assets are located in real time is to put a tracker in them. Furthermore, you can summarize the usage of your vehicles by collecting the tracking history and reports, which are essentially helpful in managing your business properties;
For individual owners, if you are eager to know how your car is being used every day, to keep an eye on the teenager drivers in your house, and/or to see where your loved ones go, simply put a tracker in the car. Get an idea of where your family members are or share your locations with them.
Important: No covert/unauthorized tracking!!! Unauthorized tracking is prohibited. It is illegal to track someone without their consent. Please follow your local laws.